Along with this position’s career advancement, this is also an opportunity to join a team that celebrates leadership at every level. Our culture is built around supporting each other to take on responsibility and grow personally and professionally – and giving everyone the supportive autonomy they need to excel.
Focused on providing more than an environment to excel professionally, our collaborative and support-based workplace culture is also structured to foster long-term relationships and mentorships that form the foundations of successful careers.
VPAC Construction Group is looking for an individual with vast knowledge and experience in New Construction Projects to join our team as a Deficiency Handover Coordinator. This person must be familiar with all aspects of construction and have the necessary skills and abilities to coordinate trades and materials, drive a schedule, complete site documentation, and communicate effectively with others.
About the role
- Coordinate items between construction and homeowners, deficiency reviews, ensure quality control in all units
- Coordinates deficiency punch lists
- Primary contact point for homeowners and manage customer care items
- Contact trades to review and complete deficiencies, sign off on completed deficiencies
- Complete Homeowner walkthroughs and review the operation of appliances
- Must be able to complete minor deficiencies, carpentry, painting, drywall etc.
- Must keep accurate and neat records
- Be familiar with and understand the New Home Warranty
- Superior organizational skills, professional, upbeat
- Be professional when dealing with Homeowners and understand their needs
- Have a keen eye for detail and high quality
- Clean and Tidy, Punctual
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license and possess a clean driver’s abstract
- Compliance with Work Safe BC Regulations
Required Experience and Skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Interior New Build & Interior Renovations
- Combination of work experience and/or certification/training in an industry related trade
- Working knowledge of health and safety programs within the general construction industry
- Solid understanding of current construction practices, working knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications
- Ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment
- Strong leader, able to communicate clearly and promote teamwork
- Quality Control with a keen eye for details
- Ability to accurately read relative drawings
- Ability to use technology, email and learn software programs as needed
- Desire to continually learn and improve
- Reliable and high priority put on maintaining and building client relationships
- Adhere to VPAC Safety Manual procedures
What VPAC Offers
- Full-time, career opportunity
- Excellent group benefits
- Dynamic work environment in a fun and growing company
- Competitive compensation package
If you are a reliable, enthusiastic, and hardworking individual interested in joining our fast-growing team, then we want to hear from you!
If you think you are a good fit for this position, please submit your resume (word document or PDF) with cover letter explain why you are the right person for the job
Please email your resume in PDF or Word format only. No phone calls please.
Local candidates only (Greater Vancouver Area).
Out-of-province candidates will not be considered.
We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: NO RECRUITERS, ONLY DIRECT CANDIDATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.