For the past two decades, VPAC has built a reputation for excellence as Construction Managers, General Contractors, and a Design build for commercial, multi-family, and seniors’ housing projects.
Along with this position’s career advancement, this is also an opportunity to join a team that celebrates leadership at every level. Our culture is built around supporting each other to take on responsibility and grow personally and professionally – and giving everyone the supportive autonomy they need to excel.
Focused on providing more than an environment to excel professionally, our collaborative and support-based workplace culture is also structured to foster long-term relations and mentorships that form the foundations of successful careers.
VPAC Construction Group is looking for someone with solid knowledge and experience in commercial interiors and some knowledge in multi-family residential construction to join our team as a Jr. Estimator. VPAC’s market focus is commercial tenant improvements and retirement home renovations.
This person must have at least two years of experience, be familiar with all aspects of construction, and have the necessary skills and abilities to create accurate estimates.
About the Job
- Review tender documents and establish detailed scopes of work
- Evaluate areas of risk while establishing the scope
- Establish preliminary schedules
- Site visits to establish scope as necessary
- Material & sub trades take off
- Trade tendering
- Develop and manage relationships with clients and trades
- Conduct value engineering options
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented with a solid ability to read and interpret drawings
- Respond to RFP’s with project costing and marketing submissions
- Set up project files once the sales cycle is done
- Local market experience is required
Other Skills Required
- Procore experience is an asset
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Previous experience with AutoCAD
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Preference will be given to candidates with post-secondary in a related field
- High proficiency in AutoCAD is mandatory
- Certificate or Diploma in Interior Design
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Certified Technician/Technologist designation is an asset
- Current knowledge of the BC Building Code and Permit submission requirements in various municipalities in the lower mainland.
- Experience in commercial interior design, focusing on workplace design as a requirement; designing for Retirement/Assisted Living facilities as an asset.
- Attention to detail and excellent communication skills (verbal and written), especially regarding communicating an artistic vision.
- Ability to work independently and within a busy and high-performing team
What VPAC Offers
- Full-time career opportunity
- Excellent group benefits
- Dynamic work environment in a fun and growing company
- Competitive compensation package
If you are a reliable, enthusiastic, and hardworking individual interested in joining our fast-growing team, we want to hear from you!
Think this is your dream job? Please send us your resume and cover letter and tell us why you’re the perfect fit.
Please submit your resume (word document or PDF) with a cover letter explaining why you are the right person for the job. No phone calls, please.
Local candidates preferred (Greater Vancouver Area).
We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: NO RECRUITERS, ONLY DIRECT CANDIDATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.