For the past 2 decades, VPAC has built a reputation for excellence in pre-construction, construction management, and general contracting services for commercial, multi-family, and seniors’ housing projects.
Along with the career advancement that this position offers, this is also an opportunity to join a team that celebrates leadership at every level. Our culture is built around supporting each other to take on responsibility and grow both personally and professionally – and giving everyone the supportive autonomy, they need to excel.
Focused on providing more than an environment to excel professionally, our collaborative and support-based workplace culture is also structured to foster long-term relationships and mentorships that form the foundations of successful careers.
VPAC Construction Group Ltd. is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our Commercial/Industrial Interiors team in Vancouver, BC. You will manage commercial, industrial tenant improvement projects ranging from $50,000 up to $10 million. As a project manager you will manage, coordinate, and monitor all workforces and resources that are essential to complete the project on-time and on –budget. In this position you must have first-rate management and communication skills. This person must be familiar with all aspects of construction and have the necessary skills and abilities.
About the Job
- Construction cost estimating and quantity take-off’s
- Coordinate with Estimator to establish an overall project budget
- Prepare, track, and log all Requests for Information (RFI)
- Set up and maintain the Project Construction including procurement log, submittal schedule, change order log and submittal log
- Expedite, review and provide “Quality Control” on shop drawings and submittals. Prepare transmittals and submit to design Consultants
- Field inspection of the job site on a regular basis, as required to ensure compliance with requirements of the construction contract
- Cost reporting and financial projections for construction
- Checking and approval of monthly invoices for payment
- Prepare subcontracts and material purchase orders
- Coordinate and obtain occupancy and substantial completion certificates
- Responsible for administrating and processing post – construction issues to ensure conformance to maintenance and warranty provisions of the contract
- Analyze project drawings, specifications and permits to determine scope and schedule requirements necessary for a successful completion
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Construction Project Manager in tenant improvements in both commercial and industrial settings.
- Experience in managing multiple projects ranging in size and complexity from concept to completion including industrial projects and new construction
- Strong commitment to document control
- Excellent track record of meeting deadlines and budgets
- Schedule, attend and produce minutes for Client meetings
- Create weekly progress reports and supply to client
- Review, issue, and update look-ahead schedules
- Promote and maintain a good working relationship with company personnel, clients, consultants, and suppliers
- Knowledgeable with Construction Accounting, estimating and take-off software (e.g. Procore an asset)
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, problem solving, and searching for ways to add value and exceed client expectations
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentations), including the ability to successfully translate technical information to non-technical individuals
- Exemplary leadership skills, including strong teambuilding capabilities
- must have local experience in tenant improvements
- excellent eye for finish detail
- Valid driver’s license and transportation
- Full-time, career opportunity
- Excellent group benefits
- Dynamic work environment in a fun and growing company
- Competitive compensation package
- If you are a reliable, enthusiastic, and hardworking individual interested in joining our fast-growing team, then we want to hear from you!
If you think you are a good fit for this position, please submit your resume (word document or PDF) with cover letter explain why you are the right person for the job
Please email your resume in PDF or Word format only. No phone calls please.
Local candidates only (Greater Vancouver Area).
Out-of-province candidates will not be considered.
We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: NO RECRUITERS, ONLY DIRECT CANDIDATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.